21 November 2017
Camila Marambio and Amaara Raheem are invited by Goldin+Senneby as interlocutors for the Brisbane edition of their mutating retrospective Standard Length of a Miracle (The Bootleg). The installation and performance of their Meth(odology) Lab: making TIME distil elements of Goldin+Senneby’s artistic practice and narrates them using new strategies introduced by the interlocutors.
The project takes the form of an alchemical laboratory, where the artists use a number of instruments to produce scents and other embodied experiences. For a single week following the exhibition opening, the laboratory is operational from 2pm to 6pm, and after this time only traces remain.
- Meth(odology) Lab malfunctions Goldin+Senneby’s retrospective through practices of distillation, choreography and mythology.
- Meth(odology) Lab ingests G+S’s matrix, activating an ancient, present-moment, futuristic, alchemical formula for making TIME.
- Meth(odology) Lab digests acts of looking, acts of remembering, acts of narrating as means for things to grow, suspend, be forgotten, erased, inhaled, exhaled, looped back.
- Meth(odology) Lab emits scents, gestures, oral histories, kinaesthetic responses that gaze back at the notion of ‘survey’.
Meth(odology) Lab is temporary.
- Meth(odology) Lab operates from 14:00–18:00, Tuesday 21–Saturday 25 November, 2017.
- Meth(odology) Lab reports each day at 16:12.
- Meth(odology) Lab acknowledges and thanks Mary Graham and George Kara of Prima Materia for their cooperation, insight and gifts.
—Camila Marambio & Amaara Raheem, 2017