Institute of Modern Art
- Judith Wright Centre
- 420 Brunswick Street
- Fortitude Valley
- Brisbane QLD 4006
- First Thursday of Every MonthFirst Thursday of Every Month11am–9pm
- The gallery is closed during exhibition changeovers, on public holidays, Easter weekend, and over the Christmas/New Year break.
- Mailing AddressPO Box 2176 Fortitude Valley BC, QLD, 4006
- Admission to IMA exhibitions is always free.
- The gallery entrance is on the ground floor of the Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts, on Berwick Street. IMA Belltower can be accessed via the elevator from the ground floor.
- There is wheelchair access and an accessible toilet with baby changing facilities also located on the ground floor and we welcome guide and support dogs.
- Find out more about the accessibility of our facilities and program here.
- The staff at reception are happy to answer any questions you may have on the exhibition and access. Call us on (07) 3252 5750.
We welcome visits from high schools, university classes and community groups. Contact us for more information and to book a guided tour tailored to your group’s needs.
- The 199, 196 and 195 buses stop directly outside the Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Art, and the IMA is just a five-minute walk from Fortitude Valley train station.
- Visit the Translink Website for more information.
- Nearby parking lots include Wilson Parking, Berwick Street (opposite the IMA); King’s Parking, Warner Street; Chinatown Car Park, Ann and Wickham Streets; and Chinatown Mall, Alfred and Alden Streets.