Institute of Modern Art
- Judith Wright Arts Centre
- 420 Brunswick Street
- Fortitude Valley
- Brisbane QLD 4006
- The gallery is closed during exhibition changeovers, on public holidays, Easter weekend, and over the Christmas/New Year break.
- Admission to IMA exhibitions is always free.
- Mailing AddressPO Box 2176 Fortitude Valley BC, QLD, 4006
- We are working hard to ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers by implementing a range of hygiene and physical distancing measures, adhering to the guidelines issued by the Queensland Government. Please read the following information carefully to help us protect everyone’s health.
- Before your visit: A mandatory visitor information register is required upon entry to the IMA. The IMA’s preferred method for the register is via QR code on an internet-capable mobile phone. If QR scanning is not possible, a hard copy of the register will be available at the IMA Gallery Shop. A maximum of 1 visitor per 2 square metres will be observed throughout across our premises. Only contactless payments will be accepted in the Gallery Shop. Remember to bring a bank card for purchases.
- We ask that you please do not visit if you are unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days. Visitors might also consider downloading the COVIDSafe app.
- Continue reading COVID-19 visitor safety information here.
- The gallery entrance is on the ground floor of the Judith Wright Arts Centre, on Berwick Street. IMA Belltower can be accessed via the elevator from the ground floor or via the Judith Wright Arts Centre foyer.
- There is wheelchair access and an accessible toilet with baby changing facilities also located on the ground floor and we welcome guide and support dogs.
- Find out more about the accessibility of our facilities and program here.
- The staff at reception are happy to answer any questions you may have on the exhibition and access. Call us on (07) 3252 5750.
We welcome visits from high schools, university classes and community groups. Contact email@example.com for more information and to book a guided tour tailored to your group’s needs.
The IMA operates a CCTV system in its public spaces to monitor safety and prevent crime. These recordings are captured under the provisions of the Right to Information Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Act 2009. Requests to access IMA CCTV recordings must be approved by the IMA Executive Director.
- The 199, 196 and 195 buses stop directly outside the Judith Wright Arts Centre, and the IMA is just a five-minute walk from Fortitude Valley train station.
- Visit the Translink Website for more information.
- Nearby parking lots include Wilson Parking, Berwick Street (opposite the IMA); King’s Parking, Warner Street; Chinatown Car Park, Ann and Wickham Streets; and Chinatown Mall, Alfred and Alden Streets.